Organizations that get diversity right reap tremendous benefits that ripple across the company culture and eventually lead to an indisputable impact on the bottom line. But robust, resilient diversity in the workplace thrives only when members of the majority group actively educate and challenge each other.
Based on twenty years of pioneering workshops engaging white male leaders in transforming their own mindsets, building leadership skills, and creating powerful partnerships at work and at home, Four Days to Change follows a group of men embarking in a life-changing process to broaden their view of the world and lead them into more authentic relationships across race, gender, and sexual orientation.
Witness the kinds of conversations that have opened the eyes of thousands of white male leaders, freeing them to benefit from more inclusive, authentic partnerships in the workplace and at home.
Four Days to Change is available in paperback, Kindle, and as an Audible Audiobook.
Resources For Engaging White Men
- An Advanced Learning Lab For White Male Leaders – Glenwood, WA | September 9-12, 2024
- Four Days to Change Free Companion Video Series
- Free Book Discussion Guide for Four Days to Change
- TedX Talk: White Men: Time to Discover Your Cultural Blind Spots | Michael Welp
- Book Chapter: The Role of White Male Culture in Engaging White Men to be Inclusive Leaders, by Michael Welp and Edgar Schein
- The Insider Outsider Podcast – Episode 7: Why We Focus on White Men (In the US)
- See full podcast page for many other episodes focused on engaging white men
About the Author, Michael Welp
Michael is WMFDP | FDP Global’s co-founder and host of The Insider Outsider Podcast. Michael is known for his authenticity, trust-building style, and expertise in experiential learning to create lasting impact. For thirty years, he has worked extensively with leadership teams around the world to grow leadership skills, transform conflict, and create cultures of full inclusion. Read about Why I Wrote Four Days to Change.
Praise for Four Days To Change
A courageous book about the critical journey and lessons that enable White Men to live and work authentically across differences.–Judith H. Katz and Frederick A. Miller, The Kaleel Jamison Consulting Group, Inc., Co-Authors: Inclusion Breakthrough & Opening Doors To Teamwork And Collaboration
In Four Days to Change, Michael captures the essence of an experience that transforms diversity work from someone else’s problem into an inspiring opportunity to make the world a better place.–Mark Burget, Executive Vice President, The Nature Conservancy