White Men as Allies Learning Lab: Alumni Edition
In-Person | Glenwood, WA | September 19 – 22, 2022
Last year, we turned 25 and celebrated with a return to our roots: Our cofounders Bill Proudman and Michael Welp joined forces to co-lead our signature program, our renowned White Men’s Caucus, in the place it all started—Bill’s home at the base of the pristine Mount Adams wilderness.
The experience was so successful that we’re repeating it this year, renamed as our White Men as Allies Learning Lab for alumni of our programs. This residential retreat invites alumni and committed inclusive leaders to dive deeply into what it means to be a white male leader in a post-2020 world.
The White Men as Allies Learning Lab: Alumni Edition will be an intimate, immersive, intensive experience, intentionally free of distraction. We’re going to go deep in order to go far to answer today’s call for leadership that matches the magnitude of our times.
This innovative white-male-only retreat shatters the myth that white men don’t have an important role to play in creating and sustaining inclusive work environments. The 3.5-day Learning Lab helps white men more fully see and understand their culture and its impact on others and themselves. Our signature experience creates an environment where white men, often for the first time, can openly explore their questions, confusions, hopes and concerns related to “diversity issues” and build critical leadership skills and behaviors. This Learning Lab has successfully helped hundreds of white male leaders become more effective partners in their workplaces.
Participants have the opportunity to:
- Gain a systemic perspective and understanding of the costs of racism, sexism, heterosexism, oppression and unexamined privilege.
- Recognize themselves as both individuals and as members of the white male group.
- Become a more committed and active partner in diversity efforts.
- Learn to create supportive systems that enhance learning and inclusion.
- Develop specific personal and professional action plans.
- Day 1: 4pm-9pm PST (includes meals and breaks)
- Day 2: 7:30am-9:30pm PST (includes meals and breaks)
- Day 3: 7:30am-9:30pm PST (includes meals and breaks)
- Day 4: 7am-2:30pm PST (includes meals and breaks)
Cost: $4,800 per person including lodging and meals